We're looking to work with a great Fullstack Web Developer to help us build the platform to be used by the next 100 million software developers.
- At least 2 years of experience as a developer. Note: This DOES NOT mean you should have 2 years of industry experience. This means you should be hacking your way with web development for at least 2 years.
- Ability to juggle between frontend and backend. Our tech stack consists of a lot of parts where frontend and backend lines are blurry (SSR, React Server Components with Next.js, etc.). Therefore, you'd be finding yourself working on frontend, backend (Next.js), and GraphQL a lot.
- Ability to sit down and google - you should be a good googler. No exceptions here.
- Communication skills and kindness to others, even when they make errors and mistakes.
- Sense of ownership and drive to build
- Ability to learn and iterate quickly
- Organize and mobilize a team around a product vision.
- Past experience in managing and mentoring junior engineers is good.
Our tech stack is slightly more varied than this, but this is a broad overview of what we use. (This DOES NOT mean you should know all of them, this is just for your reference to what we use at codedamn)
- Next.js 13
- React 18
- Tailwind CSS
- WASM (minimal at the moment, for Monaco editor)
- Deployed on Vercel
- MongoDB on Atlas
- AWS (EC2s, Redis, Lambdas, Cloudwatch, S3, SES, SQS, etc.)
- Vercel for frontend deployment
- AWS lambda for backend API server (GraphQL)
- AWS Elasticache for managed Redis
- MongoDB on Atlas deployed on AWS
- VPC of Atlas inside AWS, GraphQL lambda, and a few other essential services
- Custom transcoding pipeline for video processing deployed completely on AWS stack - SQS, EC2, Autoscaling inside VPCs
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying